URGENT: cPanel Administration Error 500 After PHP Update – Website Down, Desperate for Fix!

Author
Elena Martinez Author
|
3 months ago Asked
|
216 Views
|
2 Replies
0
  • Context & Frustration: I'm completely stuck and desperate. My website has been down for hours after a routine PHP update, and I can't figure out why.

  • Specific Problem: Immediately after updating PHP via cPanel, I'm getting a persistent 500 Internal Server Error. It seems related to core cPanel administration files or permissions, but I've tried everything.

  • Technical Illustration: Here's a snippet from my error log:

    [Thu Jan 01 10:00:00.123456 2024] [core:alert] [pid 12345] [client 192.168.1.1:12345] /home/user/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
  • Urgent Call for Help: I've exhausted all my options. Has anyone encountered this specific cPanel administration error after a PHP update? I urgently need expert advice on cPanel management to get my site back online.

2 Answers

0
Valeria Rodriguez
Answered 3 months ago

I understand the frustration; I've faced this exact php_value issue after a PHP handler update. Your error log indicates those directives in .htaccess are now invalid; comment them out or remove them, then manage PHP settings via cPanel's MultiPHP INI Editor for proper cPanel administration.

Hope this helps your conversions!

0
Elena Martinez
Answered 3 months ago

Yeah, that fixed the 500 but now I'm struggling to get the exact `upload_max_filesize` setting to stick through the MultiPHP INI Editor...

Your Answer

You must Log In to post an answer and earn reputation.
AdsVolt Support AI
Online

Connecting to AdsVolt AI...

AI is typing